Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Weather: A glorious lifestyle

I have to be honest. I wasn't all that keen to move out west from the City when Amy first suggested it back in 2007. I like my cafes and my cinemas and my on hand shopping centers and for a pudgy city boy, 2.5 acres sounded like a lot of hard work. But after three years out here I am sold! Well actually I was sold in the first 6 months as I learned the joy of digging gardens and the joy of erecting a chicken coop and housing chickens who provide your daily eggs. But what makes it even more delicious is the living artwork of nature we get to enjoy every day.

I still work in Brisbane which is an hour away but the drive is mostly highway driving and I get to see some glorious sunrises and sunsets over the hills rolling throughout the Lockyer Valley. The first photo is the glorious sunset I was privileged to witness on the way home on Monday afternoon. It was like God himself taking a final look at our little piece of the planet as he moved on for the day.



This morning was mist. Thick glorious mist that covered the low lying areas (we are on top of a hill) and slowly rolled up the distant mountains with the warming sunrise. I enjoyed the view very much with a good book and a cup of coffee. Ahhhh. I really couldn't be more content I don't think.

Jayson

No comments:

Post a Comment