Thursday, June 18, 2009

Passionfruit Vines: A Bumper Harvest


This is the original passionfruit vine that was here when we arrived in March 07. It is growing on the wall of the potting shed (the wall on the left of it is the chicken shed) and this year we have had a bumper crop out of it.

I am trying to train it across the main chicken fence but I think I poorly timed the move with the start of Winter and most of the luxurious green vines I trailed across have died off.

There is a second vine which we transplanted to right against the chicken fence but again, the onset of winter may not have been the best time and there is little apparent life left in it. Perhaps spring will bring it back to life for us. I have no photo of it to post as it is pretty much just a stick which is not very photogenic unfortunately.


Jayson

No comments:

Post a Comment